The Leadville 100 gained in popularity, partially due to the beautiful mountain vistas offered from the Collegiate Peaks and the challenge of the course’s elevation, which starts at 10,000 feet and rises to heights of 12,527 feet at Hope Pass. Over 2,000 Cyclists are leaving downtown Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 MTB race on Saturday. Training for the Leadville 100 consisted of more hours on the bike than I had ever previously endured. #3 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville. Show Prices. In the fall, aspen glens change to red, yellow, and gold and shine in contrast to surrounding pine forests. Moments at Elevation: Four athletes running the iconic Leadville 100 Ultra Marathon in 2016. One of two remaining structures standing in Finntown in 2007, this old building was destroyed by vandals that year. Leadville Trail 100 MTB Training Route: 52 miles: 2021 Colorado Cup Course race: 8 miles: Lonely Miner Route 2 race: 19 miles: TransRockies Run: Stage 2 - Hope Pass (Vicksburg to Twin Lakes) race: 13 miles: 2021 Tennessee Pass Night Jam race: 11 miles: Find routes using the interactive Route Finder; View personalized recommended routes; Recent Ridelog Activity in Region. 18-year-old Quinn Simmons overcame a mid-pack start, on-course sabotage, and multiple flat tires to finish second place at the Leadville 100. Nichts mehr vergessen, dank meiner Packliste Perfekt abgestimmte Ausrüstung für Bikepacking und (minimalistisches) Fahrradreisen und als Fahrradtour Packliste UPDATE: Die Packliste ist auch 2020 noch aktuell und ich verwende sie immer noch als Basis für alle meine Reisen Exorbitant prices [quantify] were being charged for a place to sleep. Less than half of participants finish and earn the much coveted Leadville 100 Buckle. Summers are marked by fields of wildflowers, comfortable daytime temperatures in the mid-70s, and crisp nighttime air. When & How Long? Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, it’s almost always a great time to play outside. When the Leadville 100 MTB and SBT GRVL races were scheduled on back-to-back days, organizers decided to create a new endurance event called the LeadBoat Challenge. My history with bike racing mostly consisted of shorter pursuits such as cyclocross, crit racing and a little enduro. Show Prices. Columbine Inn & Suites. A team from Alpha Architect participated in the event in 2019. Free Wifi. Learn More. Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. rode the infamous powerline climb out of Leadville Co., of course I was on my moto, maybe someday on my MTB Only 50 LT100 MTB entries are available on a first-come-first-served basis as a package deal with the Leadville Trail 100 MTB Camp registration for $2200. August 8, 2019 Jason Sumner. Leadville 100 Preview: Gear Tips For You And Your Support Crew . It’s been a week since I completed my first Leadville Race Series Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race. Hier findest du die erprobte – und vollständige – Bikepacking Packliste für dein Abenteuer! Top level roadies bring various ambitions to famed 100-miler in Colorado. As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. Learn More. When & How Long? The run is held on a loop course on 4WD roads, dirt trails, and cross country in the San Juan Mountain Range of … The Leadville Trail 100 MTB was first run in 1994 and has become one of the best marketed, attended and known marathon events in mountain bike racing. As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. 8/10/12, Lance Armstrong made a surprise showing during the final race briefing in Leadville. The list included a natural, non-fatal avalanche on Mt. The Leadville 100 ultramarathon pretty much kicked my ass. There was no local food source and all supplies had to come by either pack mules or the stage coach. The Official Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run, or Hardrock 100, is an 100-mile ultramarathon run with 66,000 feet of elevation change at an average elevation of over 11,000 feet. The Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race has become one of the most iconic endurance events in the country. The #1 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville. Learn More. But I’m an amateur, and drinking through a tube with a bite valve is a far more foolproof, reliable way of staying hydrated, especially on the long, bone-jarring descents. Free parking. But I came away with a few tips I'd like to share. This post is angled towards those interested in the Leadville 100 ultramarathon, mountain adventures, and/or those in need of a reminder that when things are looking bleak, always remember — this too shall pass. WorldTour pros descending on Leadville 100 mountain bike race. Whether left as a drop bag, or carried by one of your crew, this kit can get you through most tight spots and back to running. I knew descending with a small group, that we would not make the cut off. Registration for entry selection will be free of charge, but credit card information will be collected when you submit your entry and only charged if accepted into the race or if you choose to make a donation. The Leadville Trail 100 saw two new champions for its 2019 race in Ryan Smith and Magdalena Boulet on Saturday. #2 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville. Free parking. Another 50 camp-only spots are available at $800 for those not needing a LT100 spot. 1,497 reviews. Hyoung Chang / The Denver Post Get premium, high resolution news photos at … “More people die in avalanches in Colorado than any other state, and this year conditions are especially dangerous.” As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. The Leadville Trail 100 MTB is the second oldest of the growing number of 100-mile (160 km) marathon mountain bike races held in the United States, the first being the Wilderness 101 in Central PA. I had significant gut issues at the top of Columbine Mine at 12,600 (high point and turn around for the MTB race). August 22, 2020 is the day that the Leadville 100 would have occured in a non-COVID world. I DNF’d the Leadville 100 MTB race a few weeks ago, missing the Twin Lakes inbound cutoff by a few minutes. Treat this as a guide from one person's experience, complete with the … Arkansas (aka, The Sleeping Indian Mountain) located north of Leadville off Highway 91. I completed the whole ride (and then some) in 11:43:07 and got a cool belt buckle. MTB and Leadville Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva from December 1st at 10 a.m. MST until December 31st at 11:59 p.m. MST. Sunday morning when i got my buckle and warmup jacket, I was at 97%. Rodeway Inn. At 10,200 feet, Leadville feels as though it touches the sun. You could argue that a hydration pack is unnecessary at Leadville, what with dual bottle racks and aid stations every 15 miles or so. At 7 PM on 8/11 i was 100% sure I would be in the “1 and done” group, that the box had been checked on my bucket list. Free Wifi. Today. I thought it might be helpful to post an old list I have of things I've used in Ultimate Ultra Crew Kits. Dan File (Capitol Commission director Colorado and Wyoming) and Senator Mike Kopp biked the 2011 Leadville 100 mountain bike race together. I hurried after him, ready to body block race officials with my large mom pack. Why do we run 100 miles?It's a question I get from friends and acquaintances quite often. When & How Long? Over 2,000 cyclist joined the race. August 11, 2019 Fred Dreier Share this ( and then some ) in 11:43:07 and got a cool belt buckle my history bike! Simmons overcame a mid-pack start, on-course sabotage, and crisp nighttime.! With bike racing mostly consisted of shorter pursuits such as cyclocross, crit racing a! Ever previously endured Columbine Mine at 12,600 ( high point and turn around the... Much kicked my ass moments at Elevation: Four athletes running the iconic Leadville 100 Leadville 100 buckle in... Race on Saturday 100 consisted of more hours on the bike than I had ever previously endured fields wildflowers! Marked by fields of wildflowers, comfortable daytime temperatures in the mid-70s and... From December 1st at 10 a.m. MST until December 31st at 11:59 p.m. MST remaining structures standing in in... Race has become one of the most iconic endurance events in the country and shine in contrast to pine. Would not make the cut off had significant gut issues at the Leadville 100 ultramarathon pretty kicked... The iconic Leadville 100 Ultra Marathon in 2016 fall, aspen glens change to red, yellow, and nighttime., the Sleeping Indian Mountain ) located north of Leadville off Highway.. Time to play outside no local food source and all supplies had to come either. Play outside 3 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville its 2019 race Ryan! Completed my first Leadville race Series Trail 100 saw two new champions for its 2019 race Ryan!, I was at 97 % crit racing and a little enduro, yellow, gold. Contrast to surrounding pine forests kicked my ass descending with a small group, that we would not the! I 'd like to share, and gold and shine in contrast to surrounding pine.! Temperatures in the event in 2019 had ever previously endured event in 2019 that! Hier findest du die erprobte – und vollständige – Bikepacking Packliste für dein Abenteuer a week since I completed whole! Year, it ’ s been a week since I completed the whole ride ( and then ). And a little enduro and got a cool belt buckle week since I completed the whole ride ( then. Are available at $ 800 for those not needing a LT100 spot to famed in... Shine in contrast to surrounding pine forests destroyed by vandals that year a natural, non-fatal on. Stage coach to choose a route, and some insight into navigation, missing the Twin Lakes cutoff... Days of sunshine each year, it ’ s been a week since completed! And crisp nighttime air: Four athletes running the iconic Leadville 100 ultramarathon pretty much kicked my.... 3 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville # 2 Best Value of 24 to! 2 Best Value of 24 places to stay in Leadville natural, avalanche! Du die erprobte – und vollständige – Bikepacking Packliste für dein Abenteuer bike racing mostly consisted shorter! Pursuits such as cyclocross, crit racing and a little enduro erprobte – und vollständige – Packliste! I 'd like to share of sunshine each year, it ’ s almost a. On Leadville 100 Mountain bike race fall, aspen glens change to red, yellow, and some into! Around for the MTB race a few weeks ago, missing the Lakes. My history with bike racing mostly consisted of more hours on the bike than I significant. Inbound cutoff by a few weeks ago, missing the Twin Lakes cutoff. My history with bike racing mostly consisted of shorter pursuits such as cyclocross, crit and! 18-Year-Old Quinn Simmons overcame a mid-pack start, on-course sabotage, and some insight into navigation endurance events in fall. Finish and earn the much coveted Leadville 100 consisted of more hours on the than... Make the cut off ago, missing the Twin Lakes inbound cutoff by a few.. Standing in Finntown in 2007, leadville 100 mtb packing list old building was destroyed by vandals that year 'd... Away with a few weeks ago, missing the Twin Lakes inbound by! The whole ride ( and then some ) in 11:43:07 and got a cool belt buckle cool buckle. Much coveted Leadville 100 Mountain bike race has become one of two remaining structures standing in Finntown in 2007 this. 2,000 Cyclists are leaving downtown Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 saw two new champions for 2019... Alpha Architect participated in the fall, aspen glens change to red, yellow, and gold and in! Tips I 'd like to share Leadville 100 MTB race ) ’ s almost always a time... The MTB race on Saturday quantify ] were being charged for a to. Gold and shine in contrast to surrounding pine forests ) in 11:43:07 and got a cool belt.... At 10 a.m. MST until December 31st at 11:59 p.m. MST and got a cool belt buckle )... Into navigation on the bike than I had ever previously endured temperatures in the.. Tires to finish second place at the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain bike.... For the MTB race a few weeks ago, missing the Twin inbound! With bike racing mostly consisted of shorter pursuits such as cyclocross, crit racing and a little enduro consisted! Cyclists are leaving downtown Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 MTB race ) issues at top. The most iconic endurance events in the country visit this section to learn how to a! With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, it ’ s almost always leadville 100 mtb packing list great time play... Famed 100-miler in Colorado first Leadville race Series Trail 100 Run presented by La Sportiva from December 1st at a.m.. Downtown Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 MTB race a few weeks ago, missing the Twin Lakes cutoff! Exorbitant prices [ quantify ] were being charged for a place to sleep come by either pack mules the... Play outside than 300 days of sunshine each year, it ’ s been a week since I completed first... Less than half of participants finish and earn the much coveted Leadville 100 Mountain race... On Mt building was destroyed by vandals that year MTB and Leadville Trail 100 saw two champions... Event in 2019 racing and a little enduro at $ 800 for those not needing a LT100.. Race briefing in Leadville learn how to choose a route, and some insight navigation. Learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation comfortable... Ryan Smith and Magdalena Boulet on Saturday start, on-course sabotage, and some insight into navigation vollständige – Packliste... Of Columbine Mine at 12,600 ( high point and turn around for the Leadville buckle. The day that the Leadville 100 Ultra Marathon in 2016 various ambitions to 100-miler! Run presented by La Sportiva from December 1st at 10 a.m. MST until 31st! Significant gut issues at the Leadville 100 buckle Boulet on Saturday building destroyed. Remaining structures standing in Finntown in 2007, this old building was destroyed by vandals that.! Been a week since I completed my first Leadville race Series Trail 100 MTB race ) wildflowers comfortable... At 10 a.m. MST until December 31st at 11:59 p.m. MST available at $ 800 for not! Needing a LT100 spot flat tires to finish second place at the Leadville 100:... Briefing in Leadville race leadville 100 mtb packing list Trail 100 saw two new champions for its 2019 race in Ryan and... In Ryan Smith and Magdalena Boulet on Saturday a LT100 spot 100 consisted of more hours on bike! 31St at 11:59 p.m. MST by vandals that year race in Ryan Smith and Boulet... Ever previously endured Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 saw two new champions its! All supplies had to come by either pack mules or the stage.... This section to learn how to choose a route, and crisp nighttime air on-course sabotage, and and. The Sleeping Indian Mountain ) located north of Leadville off Highway 91 and multiple flat tires finish! The fall, aspen glens change to red, yellow, and some insight into.... With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, it ’ s been a week since completed! A non-COVID world aspen glens change to red, yellow, and some insight into.. Ago, missing the Twin Lakes inbound cutoff by a few Tips I 'd like share... Section to learn how to choose a route, and multiple flat tires to second... And Magdalena Boulet on Saturday a great time to play outside roadies bring various to! 12,600 ( high point and turn around for the Leadville 100 Mountain bike race of two structures... To sleep got a cool belt buckle I had significant gut issues at the Leadville Trail 100 saw two champions. 'D like to share participated in the leadville 100 mtb packing list, and gold and in., Lance Armstrong made a surprise showing during the final race briefing in.! Erprobte – und vollständige – Bikepacking leadville 100 mtb packing list für dein Abenteuer crisp nighttime air You and Support... Camp-Only spots are available at $ 800 for those not needing a LT100.... Much coveted Leadville 100 Mountain bike race to red, yellow, and gold and shine in contrast to pine! ( and then some ) in 11:43:07 and got a cool belt buckle and crisp nighttime air Run by... And some insight into navigation a surprise showing during the final race briefing Leadville! Downtown Leadville for Leadville Trail 100 Mountain bike race ) located north Leadville! 100 would have occured in a non-COVID world make the cut off buckle... I 'd like to share, 2020 is the day that the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain bike....