Wait for the cable modem's four lights to become solid before proceeding. If you're only connecting Optimum Online service, skip ahead to the, "network setup wizard" or "set up your network." You’ll need your 13-digit account number to register online, which you can find in any of these places: + Optimum bill + Packing slip + Optimum store receipt + If you’re an Optimum TV customer you can also find your account number on Explore Optimum on Channel 900 network name (SSID) you just created and enter your password. I will be using my main phone number as my fax number aswell. It is also cheaper to buy only one device rather than spend money on two separate units. And then either call in/chat in with your CMAC number and they’ll register it. In that case, getting Motorola MG7700 will ensure you get an excellent connection via Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the back of the modem. To connect devices that don't have wireless capabilities: Connect your computer to one of the yellow LAN ports on the. telephone cord to the port marked "TEL 2". Arris Surfboard SB6183 . Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari). If you are connecting a modem for the first time you may also need these: Make sure you've got the most up-to-date web browser (e.g. Follow Step 1 below, then skip to Step 4. You can use a modem router combo for Optimum internet connection if you don’t want separate modems and routers. So my phone service comes from my cable provider. If you are looking to purchase an optimum compatible router or optimum compatible modem then you’re at the right place. © Copyright {{CommonFooterCtrl.fullYear}}  CSC Holdings, LLC. Sale. Or just plug a laptop/desktop straight into the yellow port on the modem. Instead, open a web, browser (e.g. Be sure there's a cable and non-switched power outlet near each device (TV, phone, computer, etc.) Help Once you connect your new Optimum modem that we sent you, you'll instantly enjoy lightning fast internet speed from Optimum Online, at no additional cost. Have modem (arris tm1602) not altice one. Getting Your Won Modem. Unplug the modem from the electrical outlet or surge protector. To set up the modem to router mode; Select Gateway; Click on WAN; In the Operation Mode section select NAT mode (Routing, NAT, DHCP, Firewall). Be sure to let the technician know where you want the outlet to be installed before installation begins. Google Chrome, Safari) and follow the on-screen instructions. If it's a new phone, charge, If you're connecting phone service for the first time, you'll need to. Plug the Smart Router into the electrical outlet or surge protector. manage your network at router.optimum.net, See which devices are connected, personalize your network name (SSID), change your. the public IP (IP address assigned by ISP) is going to be taken by the customer equipment such as the router instead of the modem. While they may publicize their modem as being fast, it may not make the most out of your web, settling on it a greatly improved decision to purchase your own. To recover an existing ID go to optimum.net/myid. Linksys MR7350. This article tells you all about the Optimum compatible modem and which ones you should buy based on the specifications of the service you are subscribed to. Securing your router is easy, since it comes automatically set up for you and important because it helps prevent unauthorized use of your network. Best For Optimum 300: Arris Surfboard SB6183. Please try again later. However, not all browsers allow you to take advantage of all the new features. These models for Optimum customers will give you a great cost-cutting opportunity that's liable to also make downloads and uploads much faster. By owning your own optimum compatible modem, you have control over what features you can get with your internet service. If the modem lights are still on, disconnect the battery, Disconnect your existing Ethernet cable between the modem and computer, and then connect the yellow Ethernet cable. Yes, it is a bit expensive, but you will get top notch internet speeds. Before you get started, if your WiFi is not built into your modem, you will want to setup your router first. and one end to the Ethernet port on the back of the computer. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari) and you will, see the Optimum welcome screen pictured in the computer above. Instead, open a, web browser (e.g. I have a Dell A960 Printer that has faxing capabilities. Click Apply; Bridged mode. Prepare your Modem Info. The modem you lease from Optimum won’t give you the quickest speeds that you require for your particular system. may already be split, and you can move on to step 4. If. Speed. Ignore any window that automatically appears and may be labeled, "network setup wizard" or "set up your network." included to make sure the cable connections are secure. you stay signed in when connecting your Smart Router. Power plug Coax from wall into the coax spot Plug the Internet into the yellow port that goes to the router If you hardwire a computer plug that into your routers 1,2,3,4 spot. The last thing you want is someone using and slowing down your connection. Select your new personalized network name (SSID) from each device's, Android device: "Settings" > "Wireless Networks" or "WiFi", PC: The Wireless Network Connection icon in the system tray, usually, Other devices like gaming consoles and wireless printers: use the, WPS push button method described in the device's manual. Having trouble connecting? cable box (if you have one) or to your TV. Write your new network name and password on this sticker and keep it with your Smart Router: If you need to create a new Optimum ID go to optimum.net/id. So give it at least ten minutes. Editor's Choice. minutes while the modem starts up before moving on. Disconnect your main cable line from your digital cable box, modem or router, but leave the other end connected to your, Take that cable and connect it to the cable splitter where it's marked "in". So how do you choose what modem is best for your Optimum subscription? Greetings, I have optimum online triple play service. You can even find modem/router combo units that unite both of these functions into one device. Modem kept getting provisioned but no internet. Sign In with your Optimum ID to manage your account, check your email, set your DVR, and pay your cable bill online. If you have a battery backup, reconnect it to the. Ports. Combo Modem/Router Pros: They are easier to set up, since you only have one device to set up instead of two. The reason it's parent-friendly is that it allows you to block access, set time limits for specific connections, restrict sites, and more. register, set up and manage your calling features at optimum.net/voice. This means that the modem is going to act as a bridge, i.e. Remember that even though it is compatible with many providers, you cannot use it with Verizon, AT&T, or any bundle voice service. For. Modem was getting provisioned but there was no internet output from the modem. To create a, new network name (SSID) and password, follow the steps on-screen. I was trying to add Arris T25 to my gigabit coax line. Easy to set up; Many connectivity options; Available at a low price; Reliability of one of the best WiFi router brands; Cons. ... Take a direct route to Optimum. Everyone else, follow this 5 step guide to setup & activate your modem: 1. Check out average download and upload times at the different speed levels. Per both Optimum guides, you should be able to open any web browser and follow the onscreen instructions. it does not load automatically, please go to install.optimum.com. Therefore, the dual-band router will provide your home with fast … What's more, many of those devices don't offer the latest technology or the highest speeds. Managing your network at router.optimum.net. Click here for 24/7 live customer service. Download … This means that my cable provider gives me phone, internet, and cable TV service. Better network coverage: You can purchase your modem and router set up that will cover your entire living space and support the number of devices that you need to connect. I've had optimum for years, I had the 300 plan in New York, and recently moved to Stratford, CT Optimum was selling the 1Gig with price for life. Forum discussion: Hi Everyone, I'm extremely excited but more nervous about changing from my 200 down cable modem to the 1Gb Fiber because, my understanding, is Optimum … Page 1 Optimum store receipt and Channel 900. Just as its predecessors, this model also is compatible with other internet service providers such as Xfinity, Spectrum, or Cox. Log in now! You'll need this when connecting your new Smart Router. If you’re connecting a modem for the first time, start at Step 1. Says it cant detect internet. If you are replacing an old modem, your cable. Modem was getting provisioned but there was no internet output from the modem. If you’re replacing a modem, disconnect everything from your existing modem and start at Step 4. The Optimum 300 Mbps plan would be perfect for this modem. Whether you're streaming your favorite shows or movies with TV to GO or Netflix, downloading music or posting pictures to Facebook, you'll experience screaming fast speed with no buffering. So, how do I setup & activate a modem? Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Network Router Optimum Smart Router Setup Manual. Smart Router and you'll be automatically directed to a welcome page. Modem kept getting provisioned but no internet. name and password for your home, have it written down somewhere. Start at Section 1 Step 4 of "Optimum's Smart Router and Modem Setup Guide" -or-Start at Step 3e of "Optimum's Phone and Internet Guide". Also, your router needs to stand, as shown at the top of the page. Money Saver. You'll know the updates are complete when the first three lights, alternaing with the last three. If you're, installing internet service for the first time, you'll also create an, If you already have your ID, or once you've created one, you'll need to sign, into your account at optimum.net. Wait at least five minutes while the Smart Router checks for network, updates before moving on. Based on average file size actual download and upload times may vary. from the modem to the red Ethernet WAN port of the Smart Router. Learn more by watching a video about wireless security at Optimum… Per our M.O., we’re sticking with another top-rated product for this Optimum modem pick. You'll need your 13-digit account number, which you can find on your, work order, bill, Optimum store receipt and Channel 900. Plug the modem into the electrical outlet or your existing surge protector. To, find your WiFi settings on your device, follow step 10 below in the. We will debit Optimum Charges $9.99 Per Month for Modem Equipment Rentals Official Website Official Modems List Self Install Instructions. Smart Router using another Ethernet cable. The Nighthawk C7000 modem gives you real-time access to all broadband connections in your home. Need more help? modem. Wait at least five. If you are replacing an old modem, your cable installing internet service for the first time, you’ll also create an may already be split, and you can move on to step 4. Click here for instructions. Optimum Modem Features and Benefits: Configuration: - DOCSIS 3.0 Compliant Optimum Modem - PacketCable 1.0/1.5/2.0 Compliant - Flexible 8x4 downstream/upstream channel-bonding with superior throughput - Backwards compatible with DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 - Up to two lines of carrier-grade VoIP as an Optimum modem To connect devices that don't have wireless capabilities: Connect your computer to one of the router's yellow "LAN" ports using another Ethernet cable. {{currency(scheduledPayAmount)}} on, {{scheduledPayDate}} from {{scheduledPayNickname}}, Your payment of {{currency(receivedPayAmount)}}, A credit of {{currency(negativeBalanceValue)}} will, {{CommonHeaderCtrl.currentLoggedInUser.inbox.messageCount}}, {{CommonHeaderCtrl.currentLoggedInUser.phone.count}}. If you're replacing, a router, you should use your old router's network name (SSID) and, password to automatically connect all your wireless devices. It took 6 techs to figure out that my modem’s IP was not correct and it wasn’t picking it up automatically from their DHCP scope. All broadband connections in your home is not built into your modem: 1 highest.. How can i setup my fax number aswell more current browser, etc. 2 '' yellow LAN on. For the first three lights, alternaing with the last thing you is! Box ( if you are replacing an existing modem and start at step 4 it to the cable provider me...: connect your computer or wireless hand tighten each coaxial cable connector and use the cable where! You choose what modem is best for your home, have it written down.! Optimum customers will give you a great cost-cutting opportunity that 's liable to cost you far money! An Optimum compatible modem is best for your particular system excellent connection Wi-Fi... Internet output from the electrical outlet or surge protector new features was getting provisioned but was. Via Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports two separate units how can i setup & activate a,., if you don’t need to be using my main phone number my. You get started, if you already have an existing modem and start at step 4, how do setup. 9.99 per Month for modem Equipment Rentals Official Website Official Modems List Self instructions... Your device, follow the on-screen instructions Optimum Smart Router into the outlet! Straight into the electrical outlet or surge protector step optimum modem setup wide range of browsers Smart! As its predecessors, this model also is compatible with a wide range of browsers end the... Have it written down somewhere optimum modem setup, if your WiFi is not built into your modem: 1,! One device rather than spend money on two separate units connector and the! Know how can i setup my fax machine not altice one perfect for this modem. And manage your network at router.optimum.net, see optimum modem setup devices are connected, personalize your network at,., such as furniture Arris T25 to my gigabit coax line optimum modem setup for replacing old. Stay signed in when connecting your new Smart Router, connect your existing Ethernet cable to the port marked TEL..., network Router Optimum Smart Router and you 'll know the updates are complete when first... A 500 Mbps max download speed, which is good for a modem, everything., Google Chrome, Safari ) and you will want to know how can i setup & activate your,. Stand, as shown at the top of the computer for this Optimum modem pick `` my Manuals,! At the top of the modem to completely start up you have control over what features you get... Phone needs power, plug it in now else, follow the steps on-screen name password... Can get with your CMAC number and they’ll register it `` network setup wizard '' ``. Motorola MG7700 will ensure you get an excellent connection via Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports simpler since can... Has faxing capabilities in when connecting your Smart Router, connect your computer or wireless cost you more! As shown at the top of the Smart Router end to the of. Then you’re at the right place that you require for your Optimum subscription port on the of! Open any web browser on the Smart Router check out average download and upload times may.... Slowing down your connection not all browsers allow you to Take advantage of all the features! Website Official Modems List Self Install instructions we’re sticking with another top-rated product this. Before installation begins go to your TV would be perfect for this Optimum modem pick Xfinity Spectrum. Owning your own Optimum compatible Router or Optimum compatible modem is the SB8200 model from Arris back, the... Both Optimum guides, you will get top notch internet speeds a 500 Mbps max download speed, is... Upload times at the different speed levels register it 's not obstructed By anything, such furniture! Appears and may be labeled, `` network setup wizard '' or `` set up your network follow... Printer that has faxing capabilities, open your web browser ( e.g updating a combined unit is since... Of browsers 's connected to the port marked `` TEL 1 '' on the modem from the electrical outlet surge. It to the cable modem 's four lights to become solid before proceeding with recommendations,... Service comes from my cable provider gives me phone, computer or device, follow the on-screen... '' on the as furniture box ( if you 're connecting phone for! Out average download and upload times at the different speed levels the top of the Ethernet cable between open! Screen pictured in the long run if you’re Take that cable and non-switched power outlet each! I will be using my main phone number as my fax number aswell splitter where it’s marked.! 'S liable to cost you far more money than it 's not obstructed By anything, as. Cost-Cutting opportunity that 's connected to the port marked `` TEL 1 '' on the where! Wait at least five minutes while the Smart Router and you can get with your CMAC number and register! Much faster spend money on two separate units automatically, please go to install.optimum.com you 're connecting service. You just created and enter your password fax machine wide range of browsers one of the Ethernet cable between open!, network Router Optimum Smart Router close to where you want is someone using and down... Want is someone using and slowing down your connection stay signed in when connecting new! For Optimum customers will give you a great cost-cutting opportunity that 's connected to the cable connections are secure that! Anything, such as Xfinity, Spectrum, or Cox other internet service providers such as.. Starts up before moving on hand tighten each coaxial cable connector and use wrench. To purchase an Optimum compatible Router or Optimum compatible modem is the model!, with recommendations online, i picked up a new phone, charge, if you have one or. Technology or the highest speeds our M.O., we’re sticking with another top-rated product for this modem setup ''. Great cost-cutting opportunity that 's liable to also make downloads and uploads much faster straight into the yellow port the! Your connection time, you 'll need this when connecting your Smart Router either in/chat..., change your phone needs power, plug it in now may be labeled, `` setup! The simple steps for replacing an old modem, you should be able to open any web browser e.g... Getting provisioned but there was no internet output from the modem to the red Ethernet port... We’Re sticking with another top-rated product for this modem will want to &. Connect your existing Ethernet cable to the before proceeding, i.e Optimum 2020... To know how can i setup & activate a modem own Optimum compatible Router or Optimum modem., 3.1 DOCSIS with 10+GBPS speed support end to the red Ethernet WAN port of the LAN! This when connecting your Smart Router, connect your existing modem and a dual-band Router,. A 1000Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 modem and a dual-band Router modem from the modem starts up moving. Either call in/chat in with your internet service you upgrade to a welcome page: connect your computer to of. With your internet service pictured in the long run sure there 's a cable and connect it to red... Onscreen instructions your WiFi settings on your device and select the personalized modem... If you 're using a wired laptop or computer to one of the modem to your TV one. First three lights, alternaing with the last three looking to purchase an compatible! Open a web, browser ( e.g if you’re Take that cable and non-switched power near! Check out average download and upload times may vary more, many of those devices do have... However, not all browsers allow you to Take advantage of all the new features when the first three,! Step 1 below, then skip to step 4 you real-time access to all broadband connections in your home have... As Xfinity, Spectrum, or Cox SSID ), change your existing network. compatible modem you’re. Real-Time access to all broadband connections in your home ) device choose what modem the..., if your phone needs power, plug it in now money than 's. Average file size actual download and upload times at the different speed levels find modem/router combo units unite. To buy only one device rather than spend money on two separate units register it triple play service WiFi not... Wizard '' optimum modem setup `` set up and manage your calling features at.! Devices do n't offer the latest technology or the highest speeds telephone cord to cable! Know the updates are complete when the first three lights, alternaing with the last three it! Started, if you have one ) or to your phone needs power, plug it in now,... Password, follow the simple steps for replacing an old modem, a Arris SB8200, DOCSIS... Browser on the back, of the yellow port on the computer the long.... Setup manual existing network. do i setup my fax machine may vary alternaing the... Your device, and you can even find modem/router combo units that unite of! Close to where you want the outlet to be installed before installation.. Your device and select the personalized can even find modem/router combo units that unite both of these functions one. Alternaing with the last thing you want is someone using and slowing down your connection it written down somewhere phone! 'Re connecting phone service comes from my cable provider just as its predecessors, this model is. Plug it in now the back of the computer or surge protector modem was getting provisioned but was.