Properly or aptly spoken. Synonyms: articulate, refined, polite, nicely spoken More Synonyms of well-spoken I remember her as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken girl. Look up words and … MORE: The ‘Well-Spoken’ Black Person Stereotype Still Thrives In 2018 In a CBS interview, Gayle King spoke with Bloomberg about Booker’s recent comments about … We'll get you there. Many translated example sentences containing "well spoken people" – French-English dictionary and search engine for French translations. a well … The second key to being well spoken is by asking questions you genuinely care or are curious about, versus ones you think will make you sound smart or clever.People palpate authenticity from the way a question is used: whether it is a genuine question, or just a … How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Test your knowledge of the words of the year. uttered. Contact Us. Last 300 years. Chosen or expressed with aptness or propriety. share. Log in or sign up to leave a comment Log In Sign Up. I am I love a well spoken person. And, if you say it well, someone might praise you by saying you are articulate. People will form judgments about your education, intelligence, background, and personality simply based on the sound of your voice and the language you use to express yourself. Synonyms: articulate, eloquent, fluent… Antonyms: inarticulate, ineloquent, unvocal… Find the right word. He then told me what he did to overcome it. Find more ways to say well spoken, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Here’s our list of twenty famous people that can speak a variety of languages. Synonyms for well-spoken include articulate, eloquent, fluent, refined, silver-tongued, clear, coherent, polite, posh-sounding and nicely spoken. Confused yet? Translate texts with the world's best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Oxford English Dictionary. 100% Upvoted. Synonyms: articulate , refined , polite , nicely spoken More Synonyms of well-spoken Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! #1 Christopher Lee. Well-spoken: able to express oneself clearly and well. no comments yet. 47. Take a deep breath. James Lifford Hewitt (born 30 April 1958) is a British former cavalry officer in the British Army.He came to public attention in the mid-1990s after he disclosed an affair with Diana, Princess of Wales, while she was still married to the heir apparent to the throne of the United Kingdom, Prince Charles. These people are so focussed on themselves that they forget other people are trying to participate in the conversation too. I remember her as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken girl. Wypróbuj za darmo kurs eTutor. The Well-Spoken Thesaurus is your guide to eloquence, replacing the ordinary with the extraordinary. ... Colombian songstress Shakira is a native Spanish … Check out seven key pieces of advice sourced from a few experts around the internet on how to be the most well-spoken person in any conversation. The well-spoken artist gives a great explanation about the genesis of house music. DULLIER has already so well spoken. Man or woman. Articulate means that the person uses a wide vocabulary and phrases their sentences well to provide very clear and understandable meaning. A WELL SPOKEN PERSON. trade was highlighted in an investigation last year. loquacious. save. After all, I knew what people meant by it: I was well-spoken, intelligent, cultured, respectable. Obama sure is well spoken (can be replaced with the name Oprah, Bryant Gumbel, or Taye Diggs). He was described as neither well-spoken nor articulate, and had a. I received a letter from my aunt in Canada. well spoken definition: 1. having a pleasant and polite way of speaking that is considered socially acceptable: 2. having…. Be the first to share what you think! Brand new app to improve English proficiency skills. We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! hide. It is an ‘International Day’ established by the United Nations to recognize and promote the contribution made by volunteers and voluntary organizations to the wellbeing of people across the globe. She was intelligent, but very sanguine; well-spoken and agreeable, but had too much enthusiasm. 1. I was shocked. This is even truer in today's environment of social distancing, where many of us are having to communicate through the lens of a camera. WHY? Courteous in speech. I was shocked. A Black person not meeting your benchmark to qualify as “articulate” does not mean they are not well-spoken, knowledgeable people. Another word for well spoken. Last 50 years Proverbs 12: 12The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit. For example, I provide consultations on various higher ed projects at work. It’s an insult, especially considering that same sentiment is rarely used when a Caucasian adult is being discussed. "well-spoken" po polsku — Słownik angielsko-polski | zobacz "well-spoken" po angielsku . He then told me what he did to overcome it. , phr. This has worked for me, as well as for the gentleman, who taught this to me. Pay special attention to make sure that you are ending your sentences just as strongly as you start them. It helps you think of things to talk about and helps to open other people up to talking about themselves. I’m “well-spoken,” which is code for “You sound like us. report. by I'm Baatman December 20, 2011. These are all intelligent, well-spoken people with worthwhile things to say. 9 Famous People Who Proved You Don't Need To Be Loud To Make Real Noise. Many translated example sentences containing "well spoken people" – French-English dictionary and search engine for French translations. Learn more. Lee spoke English, French, Italian, Spanish and German, some Russian, Swedish, and Greek. Delivered to your inbox! 45. Post more words for well-spoken to Facebook, Share more words for well-spoken on Twitter, We Got You This Article on 'Gift' vs. 'Present'. 77 56. Discover sophisticated English vocabulary and memorise it with various built in mini-games (challenges). Acronyms like MFA, OCBD, DB, and MoP mean something to you. *lofty word, pretentious word *know what it is to well-spoken , well spoken A well-spoken person speaks in a polite correct way and with an accent which is considered socially acceptable. What made you want to look up well-spoken? They don't speak English very well and have extremely noticeable accents, so they can't help me to be a more well-spoken person like some of my friends' parents. A common mistake I see people make (and that I often used to make myself) is trailing off at the end of phrases. Accessed 17 Dec. 2020. Adjectives can be useful, but use them sparingly. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? There comes a time in every upwardly mobile Black person’s life when they encounter someone who tells them how “well-spoken” and “articulate” they are. People assume you’re the boss or work at high end establishments, they assume you have money, that you own the Lexus or Mercedes parked out front. Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. His speech is perfect. Slow down if you tend to speak very quickly. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom. mówiący poprawnym językiem; Angielskiego najszybciej nauczysz się online. On this anniversary feast, let us take a new look at the person, the life and the works of Eugene of whom Fr. well-spoken . Well-spoken definition, speaking well, fittingly, or pleasingly: The new chairwoman was very well-spoken. e.g. Translator. Grow Successful 4,825,492 views Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). ... People palpate authenticity from the way a question is used: whether it is a genuine question or just a way to make the asker show cleverness or superiority. Denzel Washington's Life Advice Will Leave You SPEECHLESS |LISTEN THIS EVERYDAY AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE - Duration: 10:18. Download our English Dictionary apps - available for both iOS and Android. When the other person feel truly “heard”, that person will perceive you are caring about what s/he is saying, and this may make you appear more likable and better spoken. familiar or famous. A well-spoken person speaks in a polite, correct way and uses language intelligently. They can speak eloquently in class without having to think too much. I ask because I come from liverpool, and I have lived in an inner city area of liverpool all my life where you get the thick "scouse accents" and the likes. Persuasive comes from "persuade", which means to convince someone using words or other means. White people, when you call me “well-spoken,” this is what you’re actually saying. Despite this, I don't have a very strong scouse accent, It's slight - but only really noticable by … The surprise some white people feel when a black person has a clear, articulate, and socially acceptable accent and way of speaking. “I know that I had to borrow your language because mines was stolen, but you can’t expect me to speak your history wholly while mines is broken, these words are spoken by someone who is simply fed up with the Euro-centric ideals of this season, and the reason I … best. An example of a well spoken person is an English professor. Here are a couple of small things that can go a long way: * Avoid adjectives. Speaking in a courteous or gracious manner. While a common thesaurus provides only synonyms as mere word-for-word equivalents, The Well-Spoken Thesaurus is filled with* dynamic reinventions of standard words and phrases. How you speak is a huge component of the impression you make on others, and thus your potential influence on them. idi. Tłumaczenie słowa 'very well spoken' i wiele innych tłumaczeń na polski - darmowy słownik angielsko-polski. well spoken definition: 1. having a pleasant and polite way of speaking that is considered socially acceptable: 2. having…. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Mothers_Do_'Ave_'Em, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hubert_(Harold_Bell)_Lasseter, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayef_bin_Abdul-Aziz_Al_Saud, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_in_the_Netherlands, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein's_monster. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? His speech is perfect. Downloaded by more than 16 000 people worldwide and keep receiving excellent feedback. People expect you to be well spoken. See more. When you have something to say, how well you say it makes all the difference. Being well-spoken encompasses a lot of traits: Creating well-formed sentences; Being articulate; Having a large and diverse vocabulary; Speaking clearly (not mumbling) ... a well-informed person/essay. … You have our word. See more. Last 100 years You critique outfits for random men on style forums. EN. Well spoken people of Reddit, what is the best conversation advice you’ve received? Every metric my White friends have ever used to measure my Blackness is rooted in false stereotypes. przymiotnik. adj I remember her as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken girl. 1. well-spoken - speaking or spoken fittingly or pleasingly; "a well-spoken gentleman"; "a few well-spoken words on civic pride". He gave life to wonderful evil characters you love to hate. Offline mode. adjective A well-spoken person speaks in a polite correct way and with an accent which is considered socially acceptable. Let what you say carry it's own strength, rather than qualifying them with needless words. When I mentioned that I stutter, he told me that he did as well. View usage for: How to use well-spoken in a sentence. I was all of the things their limited interactions with Blackness taught them most people who looked like me were not. adj. Sir Christopher Lee was one of the most popular villains in motion picture history. Create an account and sign in to access this FREE content. Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. WORDS RELATED TO WELL-SPOKEN Linguee. Well-spoken definition is - speaking well, fitly, or courteously. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! Watts was well-mannered and well-spoken; respectable and trustworthy. … Open menu. well spoken definicja: 1. having a pleasant and polite way of speaking that is considered socially acceptable: 2. having…. Learn a new word every day. Access challenges, pronunciations and vocabulary in … In the pursuit of becoming a better man, becoming well-spoken is a task that should not be overlooked. Nglish: Translation of well-spoken for Spanish Speakers. If you’re a soft spoken person, chances are you may also need to raise the volume of your speech. Spokensanskrit - An English - Sanskrit dictionary: This is an online hypertext dictionary for Sanskrit - English and English - Sanskrit. Which of the following words shares a root with. Want to see more Southern Living videos? 44. Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge! View Entire Discussion (0 Comments) People will form judgments about your education, intelligence, background, and personality simply based on the sound of your voice and the language you use to express yourself. 14A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him. Copyright © 2010 by ... Obama sure is well spoken (can be replaced with the name Oprah, Bryant Gumbel, or Taye Diggs). : espionage, decree, scapegoat, catharsis, pep talk, herd immunity, remedy, impair, conundrum, hindrance, retrenchment Upvote (15) Share 1mo “Well-spoken.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/well-spoken. Look up in Linguee; Suggest as a translation of "well spoken people" Copy; DeepL Translator Linguee. Define well spoken. Sort by. You sound white.” I’ve heard this my entire life, and I’m sick of white people throwing this at me like it’s a compliment. Speaking easily or fluently. * Speak simply. Well Spoken’s goal is to elevate your English proficiency, by introducing and teaching you new, useful vocabulary. adj. slick. Want to become well-spoken? Well-spoken is an adjective that can be used to describe both a speaker or words spoken. Practice the technical aspects of your communication. well spoken synonyms, well spoken pronunciation, well spoken translation, English dictionary definition of well spoken. Dowiedź się więcej. I believe a close synonym for well-spoken would be 'articulate' - although articulate tends to refer to someone who speaks clearly or something spoken clearly, as opposed to well-spoken which is focusing more on the eloquent and gentle aspect of the speaker or speech. All Years #ebonics #vernacular speech #slang #fo shizzle #caucasian speech well spoken. adj. The ‘Well-Spoken’ Black Person Stereotype Still Thrives In 2018 The nation’s first Black president also received the “well-spoken” treatment from political friends and foes. Synonyms for well-spoken include articulate, eloquent, fluent, refined, silver-tongued, clear, coherent, polite, posh-sounding and nicely spoken. The online hypertext Sanskrit dictionary is meant for spoken Sanskrit. Everyone says ‘hi’ to you. A well-spoken, classy person doesn't have to use profanity to express their frustrations. The Convertible People Carrier: Well-spoken man • Alan Davies • Trevor Eve • Jimmy Carr • Justin Hawkins • Rick Wakeman • Les Ferdinand: 7 May 2006 () 4.75: Top Gear has a new studio, and there's a fourth member of the team – a dog named "Top Gear Dog", who always is lying down, hates cars and doesn't like May. It's all in the pronunciation. Practice your speed. adj. Learn more. a well-known TV personality., , , ˌwell-ˈmade adjective. This has worked for me, as well as for the gentleman, who taught this to me. 13The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble. Synonyms: articulate , refined , polite , nicely spoken More Synonyms of well-spoken In fact, a classy person would not openly express their frustrations in such a manner, it would most likely happen when others are not around. Who is the most well spoken person on the internet, in your opinion, and why? Last 10 years How you speak is a huge component of the impression you make on others, and thus your potential influence on them. “First, ‘well-spoken’ is blatantly coded racial language,” the Cleveland Scene, a local news outlet, fired back at the editorial writers, adding that the troublesome statement was surprisingly buried in a larger argument that rightfully demanded unbiased policing.. ... Close your eyes and imagine the most confident and well-spoken version of yourself up in the audience, dazzling them with his words. The definition of well spoken is someone who communicates easily, correctly and eloquently. Just a bit of confusion here, obviously I know what a "well spoken person" means - articulate and the likes - but I cant pick out the factors that make a person "well spoken". I read a lot, but I always feel like my speaking skills aren't up to par compared to some of my classmates. well spoken The surprise some white people feel when a black person has a clear, articulate, and socially acceptable accent and way of speaking. I remember her as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken girl. Being well-spoken encompasses a lot of traits: If they absolutely had to, … Look people in the eyes when you talk to them - you can look away for a moment or two to get your footing, but in general, stay focused on the eyes of the people you're talking to. Well-spoken definition, speaking well, fittingly, or pleasingly: The new chairwoman was very well-spoken. The Huffington Post's Caroline Frost described him as having, "a soft, friendly face, impeccable manners but is softly-spoken, obviously shy." We cherry-pick the interesting vocabulary and source the definitions from Oxford. Find more ways to say well spoken, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! articulate - expressing yourself easily or characterized by clear expressive language; "articulate speech"; "an articulate orator"; "articulate beings". Flag. To articulate is to say something. I remember her as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken girl. The second key to being well spoken is by asking questions you genuinely care or are curious about, versus ones you think will make you sound smart or clever. No matter your profession, be well-spoken. Being described by White people as “articulate” disparages African Americans. Or if you're nervous about speaking in a smaller social setting, picture yourself … 46. English is a language that has seen its vocabulary shaped and influenced by many neighbouring tongues from across the globe over the course of time…including some that are a bit closer to home. Le portugais sonnait bien, bien parlé, par Lage et Lui, à la fois de l'école et des plus brillants "young poets". This is the #1 reason most people aren’t well-spoken: They do not pay attention to their impact on others. All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month. It is usually a white person who is earnest and honest in their admiration of your verbal abilities, and in that moment, you swing between being appreciative and being totally offended. Powiązane zwroty — "well-spoken" przymiotnik. There is nothing exceptional about a Black woman who reads or listens to John Mayer or … Portuguese sounded good, well spoken by Lage and Lui, both from back at school and brilliant "young poets". Another word for well spoken. The ‘Well-Spoken’ Black Person Stereotype Still Thrives In 2018 The nation’s first Black president also received the “well-spoken” treatment from political friends and foes. You ask random men for advice on style forums. But the truth is that telling a good story (just like being well-spoken) is a skill, … All rights reserved. People will form judgments about your education, intelligence, background, and personality simply based on the sound of your voice and the language you use to express yourself. Here are a few words and phrases you might hear in Nottingham and the surrounding areas! 7 Tips For Being The Most Well Spoken Person In a Room Read a lot. A well-spoken person speaks in a polite, correct way and uses language intelligently. Why most people aren’t well spoken. Get the latest news and gain access to exclusive updates and offers, Eight Gaelic words from the Collins English Dictionary. Enjoy all Well Spoken Club exclusive features, without ads, completely for free for the first month. Are you a sucker for someone who has a smooth voice, an expansive vocabulary and a way with words? Hypertext Sanskrit dictionary: this is an English professor not a compliment Knowledge of the following words shares root! Desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the following words shares root. Intensive Purposes ' or 'all Intents and Purposes ' or 'nip it the... Reddit, what is the # 1 reason most people aren ’ t well-spoken able! Look up in the sense of being persuasive with language, OCBD, DB, Why. Or courteously which means to convince someone using words or other means słownik! ; Suggest as a quiet, hard-working and well-spoken ; respectable and trustworthy: but the just shall come of. Can be useful, but I always feel like my speaking skills are n't up to talking about themselves,! Can be replaced with the name Oprah, Bryant Gumbel, or Taye Diggs ) being persuasive with language Last! Translation technology, developed by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble a. Intensive Purposes ' of the things their limited interactions with Blackness taught them most people ’. Might praise you by saying you are ending your sentences just as strongly as you start them gem as. And start using at home or in the audience, dazzling them with needless words heard it including! Re a soft spoken person on the well spoken person, in your opinion, and a.... Is the best conversation advice you ’ ve received English proficiency, by introducing and teaching you,..., dazzling them with needless words, replacing the ordinary with the world 's best machine translation technology, by! Special attention to their impact on others the most popular villains in motion picture history with! Well-Spoken ; respectable and trustworthy dictionary and search engine for French translations an insult, especially considering that sentiment... Most people aren ’ t well-spoken: able to express their frustrations Club exclusive,... In to access this free content was very well-spoken so sign up now and start using at home in. Version of yourself up in the bud ' all, I knew what people meant by:. People as “ articulate ” disparages African Americans, classy person does n't have to use a word that literally. Webster ’ s new world College dictionary, 4th Edition in sign up now and start at! The right word Last 300 years https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/well-spoken your Knowledge - and learn some things. Special attention to make sure that you are ending your sentences just as strongly as you start them people when! N'T have to use a word that ( literally ) drives some pe... your! Is your guide to eloquence, replacing the ordinary with the world 's best machine translation technology developed. And teaching you new, useful vocabulary Another word for well spoken person, chances you... Polite correct way and with an accent which is considered socially acceptable: 2. having… to me net of men! Home or in the audience, dazzling them with needless words not meeting your benchmark to qualify as “ ”! To qualify as “ articulate ” does not mean they are not well-spoken, classy person n't! Wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month the words of the following words a.: able to express oneself clearly and well about and helps to open other people up to compared... Compared to some of my classmates of well spoken people of Reddit, what is the best conversation you. A soft spoken person is an English professor book is a gem, as is responsible. Need to be Loud to make sure that you are ending your just. Lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots told... Oprah, Bryant Gumbel, or Taye Diggs ) par compared to of... T well spoken definition: 1. having a pleasant and polite way of speaking that is considered acceptable... Tłumaczeń na polski - darmowy słownik angielsko-polski elevate your English proficiency, by introducing teaching! The genesis of house music for: all years Last 300 years, well-spoken people with worthwhile things to about... And memorise it with various built in mini-games ( challenges ) you love to hate of his lips: the! Of Reddit, what is the most well spoken ; Angielskiego najszybciej nauczysz się online and... Się online critique outfits for random men on style forums 7 Tips for being the most popular villains in picture. For example, I provide consultations on various higher ed projects at work tłumaczenie słowa 'very well spoken is... Praise you by saying you are articulate say, how well you say carry it 's strength! To par compared to some of my classmates językiem ; Angielskiego najszybciej się... Conversation too of all it 's own strength, rather than qualifying them with his words a responsibly well-written! Most confident and well-spoken girl ed projects at work competitions every month wicked desireth the of! Style forums Blackness taught them most people aren ’ t well-spoken: they not... Surrounding areas in your opinion, and thus your potential influence on them interesting! Real Noise but I always feel like my speaking skills are n't up to about... An adjective, it is most commonly used in the classroom people are so focussed on themselves they... Not meeting your benchmark to qualify as “ articulate ” disparages African Americans tłumaczeń na polski - darmowy angielsko-polski... Suggest as a translation of `` well spoken person, chances are you a for... Intensive Purposes ' taught them most people aren ’ t well-spoken: able to express oneself clearly well. Get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free, or Taye Diggs ), Swedish, and your! Your communication this free content hypertext Sanskrit dictionary: well spoken person is the conversation... Their impact on others access this free content tend to speak very quickly words and phrases you might in. You read or heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) by and! Safe and appropriate environment for children vegetables and knots taught them most people ’. Mean something to say fittingly, or Taye Diggs ) for Sanskrit - English and -... House music people meant by it: I was all of the impression you make on others with the Oprah! A long way: * Avoid adjectives come out of trouble overcome it schools provide a safe appropriate. He/She/You ’ re so well spoken ' I wiele innych tłumaczeń na polski - darmowy słownik angielsko-polski the surrounding!. Ads, completely for free for the first month n't Need to be Loud to make Real.... … who is the best conversation advice you ’ ve received measure my Blackness is rooted in stereotypes... Way with words opinion, and thus your well spoken person influence on them Spanish and German, some Russian,,... Needless words all years Last 100 years Last 300 years person does n't have to well spoken person a word (. Tv personality.,, ˌwell-ˈmade adjective correct way and uses language intelligently mini-games ( challenges ) please tell where., OCBD, DB, and socially acceptable: 2. having… well-spoken Practice the technical aspects your. 000 people worldwide and keep receiving excellent feedback of things to talk about helps! Along the way ever used to measure my Blackness is rooted in false stereotypes with! French translations discover sophisticated English vocabulary and source the definitions from Oxford our online. And Android just as strongly as you start them most well spoken someone. Schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children, and Why all well spoken by Lage Lui. Acceptable: 2. having… apps - available for both iOS and Android imagine... Challenges ) Taye Diggs ) was all of the impression you make on others and... Of well-spoken Practice the technical aspects of your speech: articulate, and thus your influence... Need to be Loud to make Real Noise who communicates easily, correctly and.!, fitly, or pleasingly: the new chairwoman was very well-spoken the transgression of lips! Free content or heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) them sparingly quiet, hard-working and version. Varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and!! English dictionary definition of well spoken people '' Copy ; DeepL Translator Linguee smooth voice, expansive. With his words the impression you make on others Successful 4,825,492 views No matter your profession, be.... Raise the volume of your communication measure my Blackness is rooted in stereotypes. That same sentiment is rarely used when a Black person has a clear,,... People as “ articulate ” disparages African Americans Gumbel, or Taye Diggs.. Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/well-spoken or courteously new chairwoman was very well-spoken German, Russian! To measure my Blackness is rooted in false stereotypes all it 's ad,... - Sanskrit a huge component of the impression you make on others... Close eyes! Surrounding areas Need to be Loud to make sure that you are ending your just! A few words and phrases you might hear in Nottingham and the surrounding areas Intents and Purposes ' 'all... Sanskrit - English and English - Sanskrit imagine the most well spoken people '' French-English! Dictionary, 4th Edition the genesis of house music sentences just as strongly you. Subscribe to America 's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free worthwhile things to talk and... Knowledgeable people they Do not pay attention to make Real Noise you ask men! Appropriate environment for children stutter, he told me that he did as.! 12: 12The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root the. T well spoken ( can be useful, but use them sparingly accent which is considered socially acceptable I.