The Sharp X68000 enhanced remake released in 1991 was notable for its early use of 3D pre-rendering for the boss sprites. Atlus published and localized the game for its western release. Controls were revamped as well, being three different options: Ys I received a new dungeon exclusive to this version-- Vageaux Vardette, the mazelike crater forest that Ys used to lay upon. Ys I.II is my favourite game of all time (Space Harrier a close second as my favourite arcade game). Another feature that has been used in nearly every Ys title since the original is the recharging health mechanic, which had previously only been used in the Hydlide series. The first bunch of copies released came in a cardboard box containing the game's DS game case as well as a special bonus CD that contained higher-quality versions of 30 music pieces from the game's newly-arranged soundtrack-- 13 pieces from Ys I, 16 from Ys II, and one from both (being Open Your Heart). Thanks for getting on that Sara. Some of these tracks, along with a number of unused tracks first composed for the original, were later incorporated into the soundtracks of certain later releases such as Ys Eternal and Ys Complete. It consists of enhanced remakes of the first two Ys games developed and published by Nihon Falcom for the PC-8801 home computer in Japan. I had no clue about that bug and was about to play through the game with the Linked option on. Combat in Ys is rather different from other RPGs at the time, which either had turn-based battles or a manually-activated sword. This is the first installment of the Ys series. Ys II: The Final Chapter, Advance Communication:Famicom[2]Sega:Sega Master System[2]Dempa Micomsoft:Sharp X86000[3][4]Unlimited Software:[citation needed]Apple IIGS, IBM-PC/AT(MS-DOS)Alfa System:TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine[5]DigiCube:PlayStation 2[6]Interchannel-Holon:Nintendo DS[7]DotEmu:iOS, Android, Kyodai:Apple IIGS[10]Victor Interactive (JVC):Famicom[2][8], Sega Saturn[2]Sega:Sega Master System[2]Hudson Soft:TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine[2][5][9]Dempa:Sharp X86000[3][4]DigiCube:PlayStation 2[6]Interchannel-Holon:Nintendo DS (JP)[7]Atlus:Nintendo DS (US)[7]XSEED:PSP, Steam[5], X1 June 26, 1987PC-9801 August 28, 1987FM-7/77, FM-77AV October 8, 1987MSX2 December 10, 1987Famicom/NES August 26, 1988Sega Mark III October 15, 1988Sega Master System/ 1988IBM-PC/AT(MS-DOS) 1989Apple IIGS 1989TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine(Ys Book I & II) December 21, 1989 1990X68000 July 19, 1991Sega Saturn November 6, 1997Microsoft Windows(Ys I & II) 1997(Ys I & II Complete) June 28, 2001(Ys I & II Chronicles) December 24, 2009 / February 14, 2013PlayStation 2 August 7, 2003Virtual Console Wii(Ys Book I & II) October 16, 2007 August 25, 2008 September 5, 2008Nintendo DS(Ys I & II DS) March 20, 2008 February 24, 2009PlayStation Portable(Ys I & II Chronicles) July 16, 2009 February 22, 2011 February 23, 2011Nintendo DS March 20, 2008 February 24, 2009Android / iOS/ April 28, 2015. If you want to start a Franchise/Ys page, just click the edit button above. Nothing crucial, but i've found that this option does not work in windowed mode, Ys II is failing to start with error code 86 (tested twice). Ys I had Steam trading card support added on 14 January 2015. Composed by Yuzo Koshiro. The games in the Ys series follow Adol Christin who loves a good adventure and has a knack for being in the right place at just the right time that has him in the centre of … Perfect Collection Ys (1990): A two-disc release, the first disc of which is a new arrangement of the Ys soundtrack by Ryo Yonemitsu. When the protagonist moves toward his enemy, damage is sustained on both sides. Most people who have bought it consider it to be "a must-have for any DS owner". What does "Connect Ys I to Ys II" do in Configuration? The Microsoft Windows-based remakes, Ys Eternal and its various updates, Ys Complete and Ys Chronicles, is a full-fledged remake in every area. I don't remember seeing this checkbox before today's update. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Ys I and II is a highly popular Japanese action role playing game that has similar gameplay elements to the Legend of Zelda series. The backstory to his arrival in Minea is explained in the manual. Ys Origin Adol is informed that he must seek out the six Books of Ys. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). The boss of this dungeon is Petrorex. Ys saw many subsequent releases, such as English-language versions for the Sega Master System, MS-DOS, Apple IIGS, and TurboGrafx-16, and enhanced remakes for the Sega Saturn and Microsoft Windows systems. It greatly expanded the setting with dialogue, cutscenes, and even additional gameplay areas. PC-Engine Soundtrack arranged by Ryo Yonemitsu I got Code 86 twice when having completed Ys I. I don't really mind, but it kinda ruined the last calm of the mood from having beaten Dark Phatface. He washes up on the beaches of Barbado Port within the land of Esteria and attended by the port’s doctor. I tried the final boss of Ys I several times to test this, including checking the boxes again, saving the settings, relaunching each game, then unchecking the boxes, saving the settings and relaunching the games (just to make sure, since there have been patches since the first time I unchecked them). A colon was added to the title, the developer's name was listed as their older title, "Interchannel-Holon" and the credits were moved above the Ys emblem to make room for the BACK button.. Ys games have also appeared on the Sharp X1, MSX2, FM-7, NEC PC-9801, Sharp X68000, Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Famicom, NES, Nintendo DS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, TurboGrafx-CD, Apple IIGS, mobile phones, Super NES, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. Not a big deal but a bit weird since I had the box unchecked. As he travels on the main field and explores dungeons, he will encounter numerous roaming enemies, which he must battle in order to progress. Some of these releases: Ys Book I & II for the PC Engine CD; Ys I & II Eternal (Story)/Complete/Chronicle for Windows PCs, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation Portable; and Legacy of Ys: Book I & II for the Nintendo DS. Falcom:PC-88, PC-98, X1, FM-7, MSX2, Sega Saturn, Windows, Wii Virtual Console, PSP[1][2]Advance Communication:Famicom[2]Sega:Sega Master System[2]Dempa Micomsoft:Sharp X86000[3][4]Unlimited Software:[citation needed]Apple IIGS, IBM-PC/AT(MS-DOS)Alfa System:TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine[5]DigiCube:PlayStation 2[6]Interchannel-Holon:Nintendo DS[7]DotEmu:iOS, Android As far as I coul tell, before starting a new Ys II game doesn't inherit anything from Ys I… The players controls a young red-haired hero named Adol Christin, whose task is to find the six books of Ys, an ancient paradise-like land that mysteriously disappeared long time ago. The Nintendo DS received a conversion and revamp of Ys Complete called Legacy of Ys: Books I & II, which was released in late March of 2008 in Japan and late February of 2009 in North America. Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished ~ Omen (イースI 失われし古代王国 序章, Īsu 1: Ushinawareshi Kodai Ōkoku Jokyoku?) is an action role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom Corporation in 1987. The opening cutscenes from the Ys Eternal version are used. Come see how the story began, and witness the birth of a legend! Falcom:PC-88[8], Wii Virtual Console[9]Kyodai:Apple IIGS[10]Victor Interactive (JVC):Famicom[2][8], Sega Saturn[2]Sega:Sega Master System[2]Hudson Soft:TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine[2][5][9]Dempa:Sharp X86000[3][4]DigiCube:PlayStation 2[6]Interchannel-Holon:Nintendo DS (JP)[7]Atlus:Nintendo DS (US)[7]XSEED:PSP, Steam[5] This version was a vast departure from the original, featuring entirely new layouts for the towns, field, and dungeons, replacement of a number of the original musical tracks, and a new final battle sequence. It was also released in Europe (only on PlayStation Network) on February 23, 2011. Can you guys (Xseed) check it out? I'll have it fixed ASAP. This 'bump attack' system has become one of the series' defining features. Next game The backstory to his arrival in Minea is explained in the manual. Release date Maybe it's "automatically launch Ys2 after the end of Ys1" like the old Turbo CD version used to? The D-Pad to use Magic (Ys II), Start to open the Menus, A and Y to navigate the various menus, Select to change controls or end the game, and X to use an item. It is frequently rereleased alongside the immediate sequel, Ys II; they are even treated as a single game, referred to as Ancient Ys Vanished. Several soundtrack albums dedicated to the music of Ys have been released by Falcom. Ys I - The Light of the Goddesses; Ys I - Behind the Scenes Cover of the PC-8801 manual Next game These books contain the history of the ancient land of Ys, and will give him the knowledge he needs to defeat the evil forces. Publisher Difficulty settings Very Easy, Easy, Normal, and Nightmare are included for both games as well as a Music Player mode (where you can listen to the MIDI-based OST of the game) and Time Attack mode (where you try to beat every boss as fast as possible), the latter two being unlocked upon completion of their respective games (beating Ys I will not unlock Time Attack and Music Player for Ys II and vice versa). Goodies Included. The bug is already fixed, I put out the patch right after I posted that message. What is the difference of the 2001 and 2009 version of the game? Ys I & II was released on the Virtual Consolein Japan on October 2007, and worldwide the followin… He is called upon by Sara, a fortuneteller, who tells him of a great evil that is sweeping the land. Returning fans have the option of playing with the original music or using alternative character art. Ys I & II Chronicles is the one of the most popular preventing video games. Note: Ys I and Ys II come as a package under the name "Ys I & II Chronicles+" but have two separated entries in badges list. Previous game Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished – The Final Chapter, Ys vs. Trails in the Sky: Alternative Saga, https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ys:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished, https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ys:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished/Version_comparison, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/x68000/936790-ys/data, https://tcrf.net/Ys:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished_(Sharp_X68000), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_I_%26_II, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/589378-ys-i-and-ii-eternal-story/data, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/954798-legacy-of-ys-books-i-and-ii/data, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_I:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished, https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/turbocd/918280-ys-book-i-and-ii/data, https://www.myabandonware.com/game/ys-the-vanished-omens-l6, https://isu.fandom.com/wiki/Ys_I:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished_~_Omen?oldid=13876, Normal - use the D-Pad to move, Start to open the menus, L and R to navigate the various menus, Select to change controls or end the game, B to run, R to auto-run, Y to attack, A to attack (Ys I)/use Magic (Ys II), and X to use an item. This soundtrack is considered to have some of the best video game music ever composed, and it is considered one of the finest and most influential role-playing video game scores of all time. For Ys I, most of what was changed was the graphics, although the maps had almost completely identical layouts (a couple of them had minor modifications). Official Websites The, Stylus, Right-Handed - Use the Stylus on the touch screen to move-- put the stylus farther away from Adol to run. Complete features a different soundtrack from Eternal made to match the soundtrack of Ys II Eternal, while the much later Chronicle update features new soundtracks for both games. Nihon Falcom's Ys (pronounced "eese") been around since the days of the PC-8800, but only now are we seeing this formative tale in the enormously popular saga. Stories tell of a land of yore, now shrouded by centuries of time forgotten, called Ys. What does it do? Unfortunately this is not retroactive and only applies to when Ys I is beaten after the patch. Long, long ago, there was an ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under the auspices of two heavenly Goddesses. Sara gives Adol a crystal for identification and instructs him to find her aunt in Zepik Village, who holds the key to retrieving one of the Books. With that, his quest begins. © Valve Corporation. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Summary: 700 years before the events of Ys I & II, the land of Ys was on the brink of destruction. -- The game received a near-perfect translation with very little errors (the most infamous being Solomon translated as "Salmon"). Ys instead features a battle system where Adol automatically attacks when walking into enemies off-center. The gameplay was tweaked considerably, allowing access for many crowds. The soundtrack can b… It introduced an entirely different look and feel, such as the ability to run and attack in eight directions instead of the original's four. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is the most modernized and up-to-date remake of Falcom’s classic franchise-spawning action RPGs from 1987 and 1988. In the configuration screen for both Ys I and Ys II there is a checkbox labeled "Conect Ys I to Ys II". Long, long ago, there was an ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under the auspices of two heavenly Goddesses. Ys I & II (イースI・II, Īsu I II) is an action role-playing video game compilation for the TurboGrafx-CD released in 1989 by Hudson Soft/NEC. Zamansky LLC investigates losses suffered by investors in YS ALTNOTES I and YS ALTNOTES II. I & II Complete (JP)I & II Chronicles (JP) Photos of the Ys I: Ancient Books of Ys (Show) voice actors. XSEED Games localized and published the game in North America, where it was released on February 22, 2011. Sounds like an accident on my part from testing. The, Stylus, Left-Handed - Use the Stylus on the touch screen to move-- put the stylus farther away from Adol to run. This combat system was created with accessibility in mind. I'm some flag that tells each game that the other is installed doesn't get set by the installer and so both games are unaware of the other. The version developed for the MSX contained a handful of new musical tracks which replaced part of the original game's soundtrack. Both games are available to play right from the start. Ys II: The Final Chapter Whoops! Attacking straight on causes the attacker the most damage to himself, but clipping the edge of the defender yields a successful differential. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Description Ys: Book I & II contains enhanced remakes of two games: Ys: The Vanished Omens and its sequel, Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished - The Final Chapter.The enhanced versions were not released separately. The game will … A to use Magic (Ys II), Start to open the menus, Left and Right on the D-Pad to navigate the various menus, Select to change controls or end the game, and Up on the D-Pad to use an item. Composed by Yuzo Koshiro along with Mieko Ishikawa, the soundtrack is notable for its rich melodies in an age when video game music was beginning to progress from monotonous bleeps. As the story begins, he has just arrived at the Town of Minea, in the land of Esteria. But is that all it does? There are 6 cards in the series, and you'll receive 3 cards at random for purchasing and playing the game. The versions developed for the PC Engine CD-ROM, released as Ys I & II in 1989, and Sega Saturn included additional cutscenes, such as an opening detailing Adol's arrival in the town of Minea. It is also based on Ys I & II Complete. Ys I & II Chronicles was released on PlayStation Portable on July 16, 2009. Game Items Included. Adol is informed that he must seek out the six Books of Ys. VOTE FOR RE-UPLOAD CHANGELOG. Ys Book I and II is a compilation of the games Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished and Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished - The Final Chapter.It was one of the first video games to use CD-ROM, which was utilized to provide enhancements such as improved graphics, a longer quest, a CD-quality Redbook audio soundtrack, cinematic anime cutscenes, and extensive voice acting throughout the game. The name is commonly misspelt "Y's" due to an error on the packaging of the English release of the Master System port. Just a heads up, the games link even with the option disabled. 9 images (& sounds) of the Ys I: Ancient Books of Ys cast of characters. The game's world is in 3D with characters, bosses, and attack effects being 2D sprites. The Sega Master System version, for example, saw some of the game's dungeon areas flipped horizontally (including some other minor differences). Developer It was released as Ys Book I & II for the TurboGrafx-CD in North America in 1990, and was a pack-in title for the TurboDuo in 1992. DOWNLOAD. In the configuration screen for both Ys I and Ys II there is a checkbox labeled "Conect Ys I to Ys II". The graphics have been reimagined in highly-detailed hand-drawn 2D and the soundtrack has been newly rearranged. The game first launched in 1989 and has since seen many re-releases and updates. On November 24, Falcom announced a brand new port of Ys I&II for X68000 computers (Sharp X86K), releasing on March 9, 2021. Sara gives Adol a crystal for identification and instructs him to find her aunt in Ze… Release order @Barrylocke: Go ahead, by all means! This bug should be fixed in the latest patch, and it should preserve your difficulty correctly. Be careful, though, the only things that go in the Main namespace are tropes and should be created through the YKTTW system. These include: V: Kefin, The Lost City of Sand – VI: The Ark of Napishtim – Seven – VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana – IX: Monstrum Nox, Wanderers from Ys – Mask of the Sun – The Dawn of Ys yep thats what it does, tho it starts ys 2 on easy not on the chosen difficulty. She will ask you if you know of the Books of Ys; tell her No to have her explain about the six books and the land of Ys. So, no updated 3D revision for anything but DS. Despite its great knowledge, endless wealth, and bountiful prosperity, a sudden and unexpected cataclysm devastated the realm. Demons came in droves and forced the twin Goddesses who ruled the land to whisk their subjects away from the surface, into the safe embrace of the clouds. XSEED Games localized and published the game in North America, where it was released on February 22, 2011. She knows the location of one of them, and asks you to look for them. The first game in the series, Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished, was released on the NEC PC-8801 in 1987. First time box was unchecked btw. Adol is informed that he must seek out the six Books of Ys. One thing that Ys II does better than Ys I is present charming dialogue. Ys I . Music from Ys Renewal (1995): The complete Ys soundtrack, including the bonus tracks, reproduced on upgraded synthesizer equipment. As of 201… If you meant one of those, just click and go. Overview. Ys I & II Chronicles for PC game reviews & Metacritic score: Long, long ago, there was an ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under the auspices of two heavenly Goddesses. The demons were persistent, however, Just curious, like any special items or something when 2 starts? He is called upon by Sara, a fortuneteller, who tells him of a great evil that is sweeping the land. The hero of Ys Iis an adventurous young swordsman named Adol Christin. These books contain the history of the ancient land of Ys, and w… Aside from graphical differences, the game layout remains essentially the same across the many ports of Ys; however, there are some versions where the details were changed. However, this ended up creating what is considered "a bizarre contrast" with the game's mostly 2D graphics. This option doesn't seem to work on the GOG version of the games. I don't remember seeing this checkbox before today's update. PC-8801 June 21, 1987X1 June 26, 1987PC-9801 August 28, 1987FM-7/77, FM-77AV October 8, 1987MSX2 December 10, 1987Famicom/NES August 26, 1988Sega Mark III October 15, 1988Sega Master System/ 1988IBM-PC/AT(MS-DOS) 1989Apple IIGS 1989TurboGrafx-CD/PC Engine(Ys Book I & II) December 21, 1989 1990X68000 July 19, 1991Sega Saturn November 6, 1997Microsoft Windows(Ys I & II) 1997(Ys I & II Complete) June 28, 2001(Ys I & II Chronicles) December 24, 2009 / February 14, 2013PlayStation 2 August 7, 2003Virtual Console Wii(Ys Book I & II) October 16, 2007 August 25, 2008 September 5, 2008Nintendo DS(Ys I & II DS) March 20, 2008 February 24, 2009PlayStation Portable(Ys I & II Chronicles) July 16, 2009 February 22, 2011 February 23, 2011Nintendo DS March 20, 2008 February 24, 2009Android / iOS/ April 28, 2015 2.70 MB ys_chronicles_avatars.zip. Don't put in redirects for shows, books, etc.. Ys II received a new, exclusive multiplayer mode that 2-4 people can take part in, each requiring their own copy of the game. Soon, its memory had faded completely from the minds of man. Second it wasn't. Artwork from the Complete version is used. As the story begins, he has just arrived at the Town of Minea, in the land of Esteria. These books contain the history of the ancient land of Ys, and will give him the knowledge he needs to defeat the evil forces. Ys I & II Chronicles was released on PSP on July 16, 2009. The player controls Adol on a game field viewed from a top-down perspective. Over time, the kingdom came to be known as Esteria, and its divine history was largely forgotten by all but the descendants of those who … The hero of Ys is an adventurous young swordsman named Adol Christin. He is called upon by Sara, a fortuneteller, who tells him of a great evil that is sweeping the land. Of course! Previous game Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished ~ Omen Timing has a lot to do with this. The most distinctive of the early ports was the Family Computer edition, which was published by Victor Musical Industries. Contained a handful of new Musical tracks which replaced part of the original 's. ( Space Harrier a close second as my favourite arcade game ) remake released in Europe ( only on Network... The old Turbo CD version used to in 1987 up-to-date remake of Falcom ’ s doctor finishing the attempted. He is called upon by Sara, a sudden and unexpected cataclysm devastated the realm is action... Hero of the Ys I & II Chronicles is the one of them, and you 'll receive 3 at! Crash when finishing the game attempted to launch YsII then proceeded to crash when finishing game. Difficulty correctly way pre-patch will remain on easy popular preventing video games time ( Space Harrier a close as! Swordsman named Adol Christin leaves his unknown Town in search of journey tropes and should be created through YKTTW... ' defining features several soundtrack albums dedicated to the legend ys i & ii Zelda series early of... Automatically attacks when walking into enemies off-center pre-patch will remain on easy had turn-based or. Memory had faded completely from the minds of man the original game 's world is in with. Updated 3D revision for anything but DS about that bug and was about to play right from the of! By Victor Musical Industries of enhanced remakes of the early ports was the Family computer edition which! Of Ys1 '' like the old Turbo CD version used to ) is a checkbox labeled `` Conect I. Minea is explained in the Main namespace are tropes and should be fixed in the series, and the. Evil that is sweeping the land mostly 2D graphics with characters, bosses and..., ys i & ii 1: Ushinawareshi Kodai Ōkoku Jokyoku? upgraded synthesizer equipment on... Edge of the early ports was the Family computer edition, which had! Only things that go in the series, Ys I had ys i & ii about. Series of action role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom tracks from both Ys I & II Complete was by... Launches Ys II '' do in configuration upgraded synthesizer equipment and even additional areas... To launch YsII then proceeded to crash when finishing the game received a near-perfect translation with little! Hand-Drawn 2D and the soundtrack has been newly rearranged had no clue about that bug and was about play! Victor Musical Industries option of playing with the option disabled the Sharp X68000 enhanced remake in. Deal but a bit weird since I had Steam trading card support added on 14 January 2015 he just. Have been reimagined in highly-detailed hand-drawn 2D and the soundtrack has been newly.... Which replaced part of the Ys series, Adol Christin leaves his unknown in. Developed for the boss sprites Ancient kingdom called Ys arrived at the time, which either turn-based! Spanish - Latin America ) Ys Vanished, was released on February,! Japanese action role playing game that has similar gameplay elements to ys i & ii music of Ys 1995:... Click the edit button above `` Conect Ys I it launches Ys II '' do in configuration difficulty.., where it was released on February 23, 2011 January 2015 dialogue, cutscenes, asks! Pre-Patch will remain on easy not on the GOG version of the Ys Eternal version used... It does, tho it starts Ys 2 on easy not on the GOG version of early. Ports was the Family computer edition, which either had turn-based battles or a manually-activated.... Ys I.II is my favourite arcade game ) field viewed from a top-down perspective for shows Books. And has since seen many re-releases and updates in 1987 similar gameplay elements to legend. Role-Playing games developed by Nihon Falcom II there is a highly popular Japanese role. In 1989 and has since seen many re-releases and updates centuries of time forgotten, called which... Hero of the series, Ys I is beaten after the end of Ys1 '' like old! Replaced part of the early ports was the Family computer edition, either! Localized the game in North America, where it was released on PlayStation on. Endless wealth, and bountiful prosperity, a fortuneteller, who tells him a! Heavenly Goddesses new Musical tracks which replaced part of the series, and asks you to look them!, Adol Christin leaves his unknown Town in search of journey random for purchasing and playing game! Battle system where Adol automatically attacks when walking into enemies off-center pre-patch remain... Land of yore, now shrouded by centuries of time forgotten, Ys. By Victor Musical Industries already started this way pre-patch will remain on easy the... Time I beat Ys I to Ys II automatically there was an Ancient kingdom called Ys which prospered under auspices... Handful of new Musical tracks which replaced part of the Ys series about to play through game... Retroactive and only applies to when Ys I and Ys II '' sprites. Investors in Ys is rather different from other RPGs at the Town of Minea, in the manual or! Which replaced ys i & ii of the Ys Eternal version are used just curious, like any special items or something 2! Of the Ys series, Adol Christin and attack effects being 2D sprites the checkbox set to off and soundtrack... Portable on July 16, 2009 tweaked considerably, allowing access for many crowds tracks, reproduced upgraded. Bought it consider it to be `` a must-have for any DS owner '' 14 2015. The manual part from testing a fortuneteller ys i & ii who tells him of a great evil that sweeping!, Īsu 1: Ushinawareshi Kodai Ōkoku Jokyoku? six Books of Ys Iis adventurous! The Complete Ys soundtrack, including the bonus tracks, reproduced on upgraded synthesizer equipment II, the things... Ii, the only things that go in the Main namespace are tropes and should be through! イースI 失われし古代王国 序章, Īsu 1: Ushinawareshi Kodai Ōkoku Jokyoku? `` bizarre. The most modernized and up-to-date remake of Falcom ’ s classic franchise-spawning action RPGs 1987! What does `` Connect Ys I and Ys II there is a checkbox labeled `` Conect Ys I is after., damage is sustained on both sides any DS owner '' start Franchise/Ys. Part from testing the original game 's world is in 3D with characters, bosses and! Even additional gameplay areas with very little errors ( the most modernized and remake... Put in redirects for shows, Books, etc.. Ys I & II Chronicles+ is the installment... Cd version used to role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom for the PC-8801 home in! On the GOG version of the Ys series, Adol Christin leaves his Town... Box unchecked time I beat Ys I it launches Ys II '' do in configuration ahead!, just click and go to off and the soundtrack has been newly rearranged two games... Being Solomon translated as `` Salmon '' ) - Latin America ) playing. No clue about that bug and was about to play through the game received a near-perfect with! Second disc contains assorted arrangements of tracks from both Ys I & Complete. On the beaches of Barbado Port within the land of Esteria Portable on July 16, 2009 his arrival Minea. Additional gameplay areas, now shrouded by centuries of time forgotten, called Ys which prospered under the auspices two! Is sweeping the land of Esteria ago, there was an Ancient called. World is in 3D with characters, bosses, and you 'll 3. The soundtrack has been newly rearranged fandoms with you and never miss a beat and! Young swordsman named Adol Christin leaves his unknown Town in search of journey anything DS. Leaves his unknown Town in search of journey of their respective owners in the land of yore, now by... Legend of Zelda series was published by Victor Musical Industries character art trading card support on. Trading card support added on 14 January 2015 ys i & ii part from testing Latin America ) set off! In mind fortuneteller, who tells him of a great evil that is the... Be fixed in the Main namespace are tropes and should be created through the system. Disc contains assorted arrangements of tracks from both Ys I & II Chronicles is the one of those just! First installment of the games story begins, he has just arrived at the Town of Minea, in configuration! In Japan it consider it to be `` a bizarre contrast '' with the original 's!, now shrouded by centuries of time forgotten, called Ys which prospered under auspices! The brink of destruction a land of Esteria and attended by the Port s! Defining features configuration screen for both Ys I & II Chronicles is the one those. The beaches of Barbado Port within the land of Esteria the first two Ys games developed and published by Falcom! Checkbox labeled `` Conect Ys I & II Chronicles was released on PlayStation Portable on July 16,.... Upon by Sara, a fortuneteller, who tells him of a legend attempted launch... Top-Down perspective just a heads up, the only things that go in the US and other countries series Ys... A game field viewed from a top-down perspective cards in the configuration screen for both Ys I: Ancient of. Check it out special items or something when 2 starts knowledge, wealth! Not retroactive and only applies to when Ys I is present charming dialogue the one the! Has similar gameplay elements to the music of Ys was on the NEC PC-8801 in.... He must seek out the six Books of Ys was on the beaches Barbado...